TBalla04

99 problems, and a book ain't one

Hello. My name is Tricia, and I have an addiction, an addiction to fiction. Fellow addicts, I welcome you with open arms. Blogger over @ bookwormcoalition.wordpress.com

THIS GIRL BY: COLLEEN HOOVER

This Girl - Colleen Hoover

This Girl is the final book in the Slammed trilogy. I absolutely loved Slammed, it was such a beautiful story. Heartbreaking at times, but beautiful none the less. I myself have experienced the loss of a parent at a very young age, so there was a lot to this series that meant something special to me.

This book was honestly not what I was expecting. I had no clue that it was going to be mostly a retelling of things that happened in previous books, but from Will's point of view. We did get peeks of Will and Lake and what they were up to just after where Point of Retreat ended, and also a brief glimpse of them a few years down the line at the very end. I really enjoyed those parts. It was nice to hear a lot of the highlight reels from Will's perspective. Although I had no clue that was what this was going to be.....my bad for not reading the blurb, but I couldn't help but to have been slightly sad that there wasn't more of the current, or the future happenings between Will, Lake and their wonderful family. I loved their story so much that I really just wanted more, I wasn't ready for this series to be over, let alone spend a majority of the last book reliving the past.

I still think this was an amazing series, seriously 4.5 stars all together hands down. And if you've read the other two books than I do recommend reading this final book, you get to see some of your favorite parts from the past retold by Will, and that ending was perfectly done. Also Colleen Hoover is an amazing story teller, she's one of the few that I have on auto-buy whenever she comes out with anything. I have yet to be disappointed. If you haven't had a chance to read something by her yet, I highly recommend this series, it's a truly beautiful story.