TBalla04

99 problems, and a book ain't one

Hello. My name is Tricia, and I have an addiction, an addiction to fiction. Fellow addicts, I welcome you with open arms. Blogger over @ bookwormcoalition.wordpress.com

ONLY WITH YOU BY: LAUREN LAYNE

Only with You - Lauren Layne

I really enjoyed Only with You. The romance between Sophie and Grayson was definitely slow starting, in fact it actually started off more as them being at odds with each other. The chemistry was off the charts. Even when they were fighting, which was more often than not, the sexual tension was sizzling off the pages. I loved their back and forth!

It was almost always entertaining, and quite a few times absolutely hilarious! The comedy in this book was not something I expected, but I am so incredibly glad that it was there.

It all started on a elevator in Vegas, where Grayson, there on business, and Sophie, there for a bachelorette party, get stuck briefly on an a hotel elevator together. Sophie was dressed to the trashy theme of the bachelorette party she was attending, and Grayson mistakenly dismissed her as nothing more than a prostitute. Hey, I know they are dubbed as hooker boots, but damn that's a harsh snap judgment from a stranger.

At first I was a little taken aback, wondering why exactly he was such a jerk just because he thought she was a hooker, but more details come to light throughout the story that shed a little more light on everything, and make more sense of his initial aversion to Sophie. Amongst all the other things going wrong in Sophie's life, being mistaken for a call girl was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back. When she returned home she was determined to get her life together and be a more responsible person. Little did she know that shortly after returning home from the disastrous trip, she would run into the jerk from the elevator and from there their lives would become even more intertwined.

I loved Sophie pretty much instantly. She was this free-spirited person, who could charm pretty much anyone she meets. Which made it even more comical to see her constantly pushing Grayson's buttons. Grayson took some more time for me to love. He was very stand-offish, seemingly cold, and so awkward in social situations, that it was hard see the person he truly was underneath his cool exterior. The more I came to know about him, the more I understood why he was that way, and grew to like him almost as much as Sophie.

"But at the same time, she no longer was sure she wanted him to smile just because it was expected. Sophie was beginning to like the fact that Gray's smiles had to be earned. They felt more like a reward worth reaching for instead of a superficial grin freely given."

He kind of reminded me of a Mr. Darcy type. Actually I could definitely see this book being described as a modern day Pride and Prejudice like story.

Their story was riddled with miscommunications, prejudices, unwanted attractions, heated arguments, and buckets of sexual tension. It was so well built throughout the story that when those two came together, even in the briefest of moments, it was like watching fireworks explode. I think my absolute favorite part was their little competition at the company picnic, I went from laughing hysterically at their antics to melting in a gooey puddle of mush. It was perfect. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a good slow building romance.

I received this ARC from Forever (Grand Central Publishing) via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.