TBalla04

99 problems, and a book ain't one

Hello. My name is Tricia, and I have an addiction, an addiction to fiction. Fellow addicts, I welcome you with open arms. Blogger over @ bookwormcoalition.wordpress.com

TOUCH OF SMOKE BY: KARISSA LAUREL

Touch of Smoke - Karissa Laurel

"A girl doesn't fall in love with the devil and come away unscarred... "

Well I'm officially a goner, Karissa Laurel has done it again. I'm over the moon for Owen and Rikki. TEAM OWKI 4 LIFE.

Owen definitely brought the heat, but he was actually very sweet too. I appreciated how endlessly patient he was with Rikki. He was a take charge kinda guy but he always let Rikki set the pace and call the shots. It was refreshing. I feel like so often you see that Alpha male type be overbearing and constantly pushing against the emotional walls that the women construct. Not Owen. He was clear about his feelings and desires but totally content to prop a smouldering elbow against the wall with a smirk and let Rikki decide when she was going to let him in. Owen had his secrets though and they were searing.

Rikki was pretty awesome too. I respected her drive. She had goals and determination and when she set her sights to something she was going to make it happen. I think Rikki and Owen together is one hell of a force!

I absolutely LOVED the preternatural element in this novel. It's something I truly haven't read much about before and it had me totally captivated. That ending was equally awesome and torturous. Laurel turned up the heat to scorching and I need more. SO. MUCH. MORE. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!