TBalla04

99 problems, and a book ain't one

Hello. My name is Tricia, and I have an addiction, an addiction to fiction. Fellow addicts, I welcome you with open arms. Blogger over @ bookwormcoalition.wordpress.com

SLUMBER BY: J.L. WEIL

Slumber (Beauty Never Dies Chronicles Book 1) - J.L. Weil

The cover initially caught my eye with this one. Once I read the synopsis I thought I'd give it a try. I am glad I did! Oddly enough, since there was a lot of dark and deadly things in this world, this book ended up feeling like a light read. It was fast paced and the rather funny, snarky commentary and age of the characters helped level things out against the dangerous dystopian, post apocalyptic chaos you are immersed in.

danger

There was quite a bit going on in this story. Charlotte has awoken decades in the future and NOTHING is even close to what she remembered. She quickly has to learn how to navigate this new post-mist world where even the most innocuous seeming things will likely try to kill you now. Luckily she has Dash Darhk there to be her gorgeous, reluctant guide. Their banter was as entertaining as their chemistry was. I quite enjoyed this pair and I am rooting for them to make it! By the end I was searching for the sequel hoping for more, but unfortunately it isn't out yet. It is definitely on my watch list though.