TBalla04

99 problems, and a book ain't one

Hello. My name is Tricia, and I have an addiction, an addiction to fiction. Fellow addicts, I welcome you with open arms. Blogger over @ bookwormcoalition.wordpress.com

THE ALCHEMISTS OF LOOM BY: ELISE KOVA

The Alchemists of Loom - Elise Kova

The Alchemists of Loom was definitely a unique read. I appreciated the vast world building that Kova pulled off beautifully and I also found the characters to be very dynamic and intriguing. The only thing that threw me off at first was it wasn't exactly clear that the dragons were not actually huge flame breathing beasts, but really people...in a sense. It was confusing at first because you have a distinct picture in your head already of what a dragon should be and unfortunately it takes a bit to understand that the dragons in this story are a breed of their own and nothing like what you thought.

Once that little tidbit sinks in you end up wanting to know more about these dragons and the dangerous world you've been immersed in. Of course I was greedy to know more right away, but Kova hands out little nuggets of truth and clarity as you go so it takes awhile to put it all together. All in all I liked the story, even more so after the confusion was cleared up, and I have high hopes that the sequel will be very interesting!