TBalla04

99 problems, and a book ain't one

Hello. My name is Tricia, and I have an addiction, an addiction to fiction. Fellow addicts, I welcome you with open arms. Blogger over @ bookwormcoalition.wordpress.com

BREAKWATER BY: ERRIN STEVENS

Breakwater  - Errin Stevens

I liked that the fantasy element was much more prominent in Breakwater. I also appreciated that the same level of care was given to the characters. Quite honestly that still remains my favorite thing in this series. It is clear the author spends a great deal of time and detail developing well rounded and mostly well liked characters and intricate relationships. I think Stevens truly shines there.

I liked seeing some of the characters that we met in the first book, Updrift, in this one, playing larger roles. And I seeing some new characters that we were introduced to in Breakwater. I do think that there was a lot more going on in Breakwater too, plot wise. Maybe even a little too much with the many sub plots taking place. It was a page turner, but could leave your head spinning a little at times.

All in all this was a good read and I enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing what happens with everyone in the next book!