TBalla04

99 problems, and a book ain't one

Hello. My name is Tricia, and I have an addiction, an addiction to fiction. Fellow addicts, I welcome you with open arms. Blogger over @ bookwormcoalition.wordpress.com

DARK PHOENIX BY: ELISE FABER

Dark Phoenix (Phoenix Series) (Volume 2) - Elise Faber

I have some mixed feelings about this book. While I think the story itself is pretty awesome, I have simply come to the conclusion that I don't really care for Daughtry being the one to narrate it. Sometimes I felt like her self-doubt and incapability to express herself to the ones that consistently wronged her took away from the interesting plot line. I thought the world Faber created is fantastic, I was instantly drawn into the magical world of LexTals and their plight against the Dalshie. I just had trouble fully appreciating them while Daughtry was constantly engrossed in her own emotional issues. I get why she had so many confidence issues, I just wanted to see her really rise up above them and demand the respect that, she as human being, is entitled to. By the end I think she did grow a lot, and I am so glad, I only wish it would have been a little earlier on.

I was definitely surprised at the way some things turned out! I had my own theories about what was going to happen and the connection between Daughtry and the nefarious leader of the Dalshie, but what ended up coming to light was so much better than what I was thinking! I really liked getting to more of some of the side characters, namely Morgan. And I am incredibly intrigued the past between him and a certain surprise addition to the LexTal gang. I LOVED the addition of the Forgotten as well! I'd love to see more of them!

All in all I thought this was a good read! I am really looking forward to reading the next book, From Ashes, it looks as if there is a narrator change in that one and I think that could take this series to the next level for me!