TBalla04

99 problems, and a book ain't one

Hello. My name is Tricia, and I have an addiction, an addiction to fiction. Fellow addicts, I welcome you with open arms. Blogger over @ bookwormcoalition.wordpress.com

ROCK HARD BY: NALINI SINGH

Rock Hard - Nalini Singh

I have read, and loved, plenty of Nalini Singh books before, all of which were Paranormal Romance. So it was interesting to read Rock Hard and see what this author could do without that Paranormal aspect. Honestly, this book was well done. As always the characters Nalini writes were compelling and there's that same, almost tortuous, but completely delicious, build up of sexual tension.

There was a more serious plot line here, as Charlotte was dealing with moving forward and healing after a traumatic experience in her past. But it still managed to have it's lighter moments with their cute little idiosyncrasies like their hysterical pet names for each other, T-rex and Charlie Mouse. The chapter titles were always good for a quick giggle as well.

The romance here was a fair mix of smoking hot and sweet. Charlie and Gabriel's romantic relationship may have moved slowly in most aspects, but Gabriel's filthy mouth had the heat level up to hells fire. I may have even blushed myself a time or two, and I'm no mouse like Charlie was!

Funny enough, Fluttershy up there is quite an accurate representations of Charlotte! She was painfully shy at the beginning, I rather enjoyed that Gabriel constantly pushed her buttons to get her mad enough to stand up for herself, rather than cower in the corner.

All in all this was a good contemporary romance book. I'm not really sure if I will love this series as much as I do her PNR Guild Hunter series, but I'd definitely keep on reading and see where it all goes.

I received a copy of this book from TKA Distribution via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review